known issues and future enhancements
- bvhacker cannot read bvh files with Mac line endings. A quick, easy workaround is here
- Retargetting to SL figure may not work properly if any of the arm's joints go over ±90° in any axis. I know how to fix this, but have run out of time on this development cycle - I do this stuff for free remember! See here for a more technical description.
- The install package doesn't always install the Visual Studio runtime libraries properly.
bvhacker displays a message saying 'the application failed to initialise properly'.
To fix, unzip the download bvhacker installer and find a folder called vcredist_x86.
Inside there is a program called vcredist_x86.exe.
Run this file and bvhacker should run fine.
- bvhacker won't properly display files with more than one ROOT (untested in version 1.7)
- The figure height value will be inaccurate if the figure's hands are above it's head in the first frame
Possible future enhancements
- Implement arms axis alignment conversion for angles over ½90°
- Make hips rotation global for all joint rotation orders
- Multiple bone selection
- Bone renaming for formats other than Second Life (suggestions please!)
- Anything interesting that comes up in the bvhacker discussion group